Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Would you go abroad April 2021?

5 replies

SpacePug · 28/06/2020 12:36

I'm torn on whether to book or not, or just get the refund from our cancelled hol.

I don't want to go if it's masks on/pool closed/distanced restaurant etc, but April is quite a while away so maybe be okay. It's with a group of 6 adults a toddler & baby. The other adults are thinking it will be okay by then but I'm not sure. Maybe sept be safer

OP posts:
Please
or

TheMammothHunters · 28/06/2020 12:38

If you can get a refund I would do so. Decide nearer the time.
I have 2 holidays booked May and July 2021 but just reserved the accommodation, no money paid our FP can cancel easily enough.

Please
or

SpacePug · 28/06/2020 12:46

Yeah we have the option of a refund luckily. I was thinking the same. The trouble is that there is limited availability already on the kind of family/beach resorts we're after so there might not be anything left if we look again in jan 🤔 maybe we best just holidaying in the UK and the family can go abroad on their own if they want (we will have 2 kids, age 2 and 3months in April also)

OP posts:
Please
or

SJaneS48 · 28/06/2020 19:04

I would think it would be ok but my gut is telling me booking for next summer might be a slightly safer bet - who knows though! If it’s refundable then you’re not going to loose out so I think I’d do it and cross my fingers!

Please
or

SkinSkin · 28/06/2020 19:08

If you have the chance to cancel it now, why can't you also cancel it nearer the time? I'm wondering what the time frame is?

Please
or

KoalasandRabbit · 04/07/2020 11:02

If you can get a refund I would take it then wait and see how situation develops. If you can go not in school holidays I don't think there will be an issue with availability and even in school holidays booking last minute I've never found I couldn't find something good. Quite often if I look around and consider different holidays I find something better.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?