Would you go abroad April 2021?
SpacePug · 28/06/2020 12:36
I'm torn on whether to book or not, or just get the refund from our cancelled hol.
I don't want to go if it's masks on/pool closed/distanced restaurant etc, but April is quite a while away so maybe be okay. It's with a group of 6 adults a toddler & baby. The other adults are thinking it will be okay by then but I'm not sure. Maybe sept be safer
TheMammothHunters · 28/06/2020 12:38
If you can get a refund I would do so. Decide nearer the time.
I have 2 holidays booked May and July 2021 but just reserved the accommodation, no money paid our FP can cancel easily enough.
SpacePug · 28/06/2020 12:46
Yeah we have the option of a refund luckily. I was thinking the same. The trouble is that there is limited availability already on the kind of family/beach resorts we're after so there might not be anything left if we look again in jan 🤔 maybe we best just holidaying in the UK and the family can go abroad on their own if they want (we will have 2 kids, age 2 and 3months in April also)
SJaneS48 · 28/06/2020 19:04
I would think it would be ok but my gut is telling me booking for next summer might be a slightly safer bet - who knows though! If it’s refundable then you’re not going to loose out so I think I’d do it and cross my fingers!
SkinSkin · 28/06/2020 19:08
If you have the chance to cancel it now, why can't you also cancel it nearer the time? I'm wondering what the time frame is?
KoalasandRabbit · 04/07/2020 11:02
If you can get a refund I would take it then wait and see how situation develops. If you can go not in school holidays I don't think there will be an issue with availability and even in school holidays booking last minute I've never found I couldn't find something good. Quite often if I look around and consider different holidays I find something better.
To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.