Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Airport car parking - refunds available.

4 replies

handbagsatdawn33 · 30/05/2020 18:26

Our holiday was cancelled the day before travel, so I cancelled our car park booking with Purple Parking/Holiday Extras. As it was so close to travel, the website said no refund.

However, our travel agent advised that many reputable companies were giving refunds or credit vouchers - but you had to ask.

We're regular customers, & we received a full refund within a few days of asking.

HTH someone.

OP posts:
Please
or

LockdownLoppy · 01/06/2020 21:54

I had booked a non-refundable rate with Holiday Extras - they have issued a credit on the account which is valid for 3 years. Excellent customer service!

Please
or

fuzzyduck1 · 05/06/2020 17:55

APH have been great. We had to abort our holiday in Thailand and ended up flying into Heathrow and making it home on some very empty trains.
And due to the travel restrictions our car was in there Manchester car park for over 2 months and they didn’t charge any more and when the restrictions were lifted they arranged for someone to be there so we could collect it. Top service will only use them in future.

Please
or

fussychica · 05/06/2020 18:28

DS got a full refund from Gatwick Airport Parking about 48 hours before he was due to fly following the flight being cancelled. Completed online and refunded immediately. He was impressed as thought it would be a non runner, particularly that close to scheduled departure.

Please
or

Spike2020 · 05/06/2020 19:34

We had booked with Birmingham Airport parking direct.

Had to cancel as our holiday cancelled and they issued with a credit voucher for the value of the parking, which I thought was an excellent gesture. Did not expect any refund as I thought our terms stated it was Non refundable.

Whether I will get to use the credit voucher is another matter of course!!! but the gesture was nice.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?