Mumsnet Logo
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Find my ideal holiday please!

4 replies

Manteo · 29/05/2020 10:44

Not the dream holiday but something that would be perfect for our family at the moment.

DD(6) would want a big swimming pool, maybe a playground or one of those playgrounds in the pool things, family friendly disco in the evening.

For me and DH some interesting things nearby to visit. A city or site of historical/archaeological/geographical/architectural/cultural significance!

Don't mind if we stay in a self catering campsite or an AI hotel.

Currently got my eye on a campsite not far from Venice and a AI within day tripping distance of Barcelona.

OP posts:
Please
or

2catsand2kids · 29/05/2020 12:04

We’ve stayed at camping Weekend by lake Garda and il pianacce on the Tuscan coast and would highly recommend both of them and they both seem to have everything you’ve said you would like.

Please
or

ArtisanPopcorn · 29/05/2020 12:34

Thanks, sounds good, I'll take a look.

Please
or

clipclop5 · 02/06/2020 01:03

We stayed in Sitges last year, about an hour’s train ride up the coast from Barcelona. A very nice, small, safe town with fabulous architecture of its own, but within easy reach of Barca and all that it brings. Not so sure how child friendly the hotels are though - we booked last minute so didn’t have much of a look around! Definitely worth a try though

Please
or

jocktamsonsbairn · 06/06/2020 20:42

We stayed at Camping Portofelice a few times and it's fab! Just north of Venice, within walking distance of Eraclea Mare and shirt bust trip to Caorle. It is a fabulous place!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?