Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Efteling - looks like it’s opening this week. Anyone else got a summer booking?

5 replies

NaturalBlondeYeahRight · 16/05/2020 09:23

We have cottage booked for 4 days in August. I’ve just seen a video on their website showing how they are planning to reopen the park safely (Looks good) but no info on the actual holidays yet.
My main concern is us (British) being allowed to drive there. If we can’t, I wonder if Efteling can say ‘well sorry but we are open’. Don’t know if Netherlands has a quarantine running.
Haven’t had any emails from them yet. I have a little bit of hope still.

OP posts:
Please
or

mummymeister · 18/05/2020 15:03

what about the two weeks quarantine when you get home? it doesnt just apply to flights. seems a right pain to do this for only 4 days away.

Please
or

Deadringer · 19/05/2020 17:30

We have a booking in july. Up to now i have assumed we won't be going but things seem to be opening up. Our payment is june 1st but at that stage we still won't know for sure if flights (ryanair) will be going. Its such a mess.

Please
or

Deadringer · 03/06/2020 14:36

Hi NaturalBlondYeahRight just thought i would post an update on my situation in case it might help you. I emailed Eftling a couple of weeks ago asking if it was possible to defer our July holiday as our flights have been cancelled. (delighted ryanair cancelled them tbh). I didn't hold out much hope but they replied today offering me a digital voucher to be used within a year. If i don't use it they will give me a refund in a year's time. I am delighted with this and do intend to use it if i possibly can. Hope this gives you some peace of mind as it looks like you won't lose your deposit.

Please
or

Swiftsseason · 03/06/2020 15:28

Hotel booking and self catering have different cancellation policies. Hotel being's much more than flexible.
Be careful apparently they have changed summer access opening and will require further 25 💶 to access pm times.

Please
or

Desperatelyseekingsummer · 15/06/2020 23:12

We have a self catering booking in August. We are going by ferry and it is very straightforward to cancel or get credit for that booking so I’d love to do the same with the Efteling booking. Our full payment isn’t until mid July so not sure whether to attempt changing the Efteling booking or wait and see.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?