Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

what documents I need to cross border with a new born - Geneva- France

2 replies

puiu · 27/04/2020 14:29

Hi there,
I need help with info regarding crossing border Geneva- France with my newborn child.
I want to give birth in Geneva and I am living in France at the border. I need to cross the border to go home after I will get out of hospital. Does anybody know if I need some special documents?
In the same context, I am considering to travel in the first month with my newborn to Romania using the car, do you know which documents I will need? Thank you in advance!

OP posts:
Please
or

LIZS · 27/04/2020 14:35

A passport? There may be a specific deal for newborns but iircyou register the birth with the hospital in Switzerland and get sent the certificate later. Ask the clinic where you hope to deliver. Hope you have a high level of health insurance covering pg though!

Please
or

puiu · 28/04/2020 09:35

Thank you LIZS!

I do have a good health insurance.

OP posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?