BA flights / Hotel booked separately
NightmareBA · 13/04/2020 22:28
I am due to fly with BA on the 24th April, just for 2 nights abroad.
BA’s website is saying I can get vouchers but I would really like a refund. Flight currently isn’t cancelled, but I can’t see it happening in just over a week, plus obviously I don’t want to go due to CV.
Should I hang on, hope the flight gets cancelled and then push for a cash refund?
Secondly, the hotel I booked I did direct. They initially said I can change it to another date this year, then when pushed (as I said I didn’t know if I could travel this year) they said next year.
Not sure what to do on this one as I booked a suite as it was a half price deal (couldn’t afford it at full price) so it might be nice to still go next year?!
But, if I can’t physically get there due to flights can I insist on a refund?
This country is also currently on lockdown.
BBCONEANDTWO · 13/04/2020 22:29
I think I'd wait to see if the hotel cancels the booking - they can't have you if the country is in lockdown!
AwaywiththePharaohs · 14/04/2020 18:51
BA cancelled our flights for this weekend about a month ago. We were offered a voucher but did give us a refund when I rang them.
We also booked a hotel directly, they've offered to keep our deposit for up up to 18 months.
Have you got travel insurance? If we can't travel then I intend to use ours.
anxiousmum2019 · 16/04/2020 08:27
@AwaywiththePharaohs did it take you long to get through on the phone? When I’ve rung they’ve given me no option to hold, just say call back later and the line goes dead.
cathcustardtart · 16/04/2020 10:16
We used the executive club number but if you’re on Twitter lots of people seem to have had success with a DM.
They need your booking reference.
Good luck, It’s really frustrating.
cathcustardtart · 16/04/2020 10:17
Also, if they cancel the flight I’m pretty sure that they have to offer you a full refund, by law, if you ask.
gillybean2 · 17/04/2020 05:33
I’ve had no luck phoning the number given. My flight is business class and I’m an executive member, is there another number to call then?
My biggest concern is that they’ve cancelled my outward flight (end of May) but not the return flight (early June). Both booked at the same time but clearly I won’t need the return flight if my outward flight is cancelled.
To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.