Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Best Travel Accessories

6 replies

SummaLuvin · 12/03/2020 19:29

My parents have recently retired and have been travelling a lot more recently, both short and long haul. Birthdays and Mothers Day are coming up and I thought a useful gift would be something that will make their holidays easier/more comfortable/more enjoyable.

So, can any of you recommend what your top travel accessories are? Either for making plane journeys more bearable or for when they are actually abroad?

OP posts:
Please
or

Ricekrispie22 · 14/03/2020 11:05

These are great for plane journeys www.boots.com/no7-instant-results-revitalising-hydrogel-eye-masks-10239046
A good quality sleep mask
Flight socks
Travel pillow
Power bank charger
Kindle

Please
or

RemusLupinsBiggestGroupie · 15/03/2020 19:00

A travel wallet to keep passports, boarding passes etc all together.

Light weight scarf for your mum, to wear on plane, on cooler evenings etc.

A couple of puzzle books, if they are that way inclined.

Please
or

EveryDayIsLikeMonday · 15/03/2020 20:28

Hammam towels for short-haul, if they travel hand luggage only. These are also useful as a lightweight blanket for long haul.
Matching handbag and hand luggage case.
Tablet and headphones plus a subscription to Netflix.

Please
or

fuzzyduck1 · 18/03/2020 04:02

We’ve just flown to Thailand the number one travel accessory at the moment is face masks.

Please
or

DinnerbytheR1ver123 · 18/03/2020 06:42

The smallest, lightest, rucksack that you can use for small amounts of shopping or daily use. One that packs down to the size of the palm of your hand

Please
or

adastranomad · 18/03/2020 16:59

@SummaLuvin

My parents travel a lot too - they just got back from a lovely trip to Dubai. Thanks for reminding me about a Mother's Day gift! :O

For your mum, what about a mini face roller massager for long hauls? smartreusable.com/natural-rose-quartz-facial-massager/

And for your dad, a waterproof travel bag can't go a miss: smartreusable.com/large-waterproof-nylon-travel-bag-for-cosmetics/

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?