Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Advice on Dubai Taxi’s and car seats please!

3 replies

Newmummy0306 · 10/03/2020 12:02

I have an 18 month old and almost 3 year old and I’m seeing a lot of articles that say taxis will refuse you if you don’t have car seats for under 4’s and also that since 2017 they have to carry car seats but it doesn’t say how many?

Should I take my own, any recommendations? Or have you found that taxis fo have car seats (1 or 2?)

Thanks! X

OP posts:
Please
or

banannabreadforme · 10/03/2020 14:54

Hi I've lived in Dubai and taxi drivers are not concerned if you have a car seat or not. They'd probably be quite surprised. They dont provide them for you. Maybe take a booster seat for your older child and have your younger on your knee. I know that's not how it's done here.
Hope you have a good holiday

Please
or

Janek · 15/03/2020 12:18

If you do put a child on your knee, make sure that they are NOT in the seatbelt with you.

Please
or

Whenwillthisbeover · 19/03/2020 21:56

I agree with banana. I will add taxi drivers are plentiful in Dubai and drive like idiots mostly.

One exception was the wonderful lady in a hijab, aged around sixty, that threw our heavy cases in her boot solo and drove very fast and very safe to our hotel whilst asking us about our lives.

We tipped her very well, awesome woman.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?