Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

SIM card for Caribbean Cruise??

2 replies

BananaLeafLady · 06/03/2020 22:05

Is there such a thing as an international SIM.suitable for calling FROM Caribbean Islands back to the UK??

At home in on Giffgaff PAYG Goody Bags. I'm due to go on my Caribbean cruise in 10 days and want to know I can call home or my insurers in an emergency. Last year in Asia, I had to top up my phone by 70 quid to call my travel insurer's emergency help line when I became ill. This has made me very concerned and I'm hoping there is a cheaper way for me to call UK numbers should I need to.

Someone mentioned Lebara but looking at thier website I get the impression the international calls are FROM the UK to abroad and not what I'm looking for.

Any advice or products you can suggest would be gratefully received.Smile

OP posts:
Please
or

lovelyupnorth · 07/03/2020 12:19

I doubt it as all countries will have different operators. Is there WIFI on board.

If not least word option maybe a US one.

Please
or

edgewater · 07/03/2020 20:33

Check 3 pay as you go sims. We use them in America. It’s £20. You would need to check your cruise ports to see if it will work however, you won’t be able to use it while at sea unless you want to have massive costs.

If you need contact while at sea buy an internet package onboard and use wifi.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?