Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Greek family holiday in July

8 replies

Bletherer34 · 02/03/2020 12:19

Advice please lovely people!
I bought my tickets in January to Athens Greece, flying via Germany for July on Expedia.
I opted for 3 equal instalments of £750 via klarna. The 1st instalment of £750 has been paid, I'm tempted to cancel before the next payments as I'm concerned about the corona virus.
Expedia will only refund if GOV.UK info says stay away!
It doesn't for Greece atm
What would you do?

OP posts:
Please
or

SooticaTheWitchesCat · 02/03/2020 13:18

I'm still going on my holiday unless they cancel flights.

There is no advice not to travel to Greece so you would lose your money.

Please
or

neversleepagain · 02/03/2020 13:20

I'm planning on going in April with my dc unless flights are cancelled.

Please
or

Furfockssake · 02/03/2020 19:25

Anyone who travels for leisure on the cusp of a global pandemic is adding to the problem. It's a sightly entitled view in my point that if the government says you can still go that you should. Common sense, particularly after watching how the virus has spread from Italy to a cancer unit, should tell you that at the present moment there is nowhere 'safe'. The more people that travel, the more quickly the virus spreads. Three weeks ago everyone thought that it was safe to travel to Italy, not so much now. If you don't have to travel, why make the governments and NHS's job harder than it has to be.

Please
or

LilyJade · 02/03/2020 19:43

I'm still going to Crete in June fully booked & paid for before the virus started.
I can't afford to lose my money so I'm going.
If I get stuck there, well there's plenty of rooms available in the area I'm going to, I'll just lie on the beach for even longer.

Please
or

LilyJade · 02/03/2020 19:44

You're just as likely to get ill in the uk .

Please
or

Thisisverytricky · 02/03/2020 19:50

Given that the virus is killed by high temperatures I doubt that Greece in July will be a problem! Also highly worrying as the current situation is I would wait a bit longer. When is payment 2 due?

Please
or

delilahbucket · 02/03/2020 19:51

The virus is not heat resistant. Anything over 26 degrees and it's dead. It's hotter than that in Greece in the Summer.

Please
or

LilyJade · 02/03/2020 19:52

It was 39 degrees last time I went to Crete!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?