Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Cruise to Norway

4 replies

handbagsatdawn33 · 11/02/2020 18:50

I've read that cruise ships in Norwegian territorial waters have to charge Norwegian prices for booze - gulp, hic & gulp again.

I've asked several cruise lines, but the replies are very waffly.
Does anyone have recent experience, please.
Makes us sound like alkies, but we do enjoy a drink or three on holiday.

OP posts:
Please
or

smallbean · 11/02/2020 19:16

We did a Disney cruise that had port days in Norway and the prices stayed the same the whole trip.

Please
or

SiliconHeaven · 11/02/2020 19:21

No, it’s not true. At least not on the 3 cruise lines I’ve been on in Norway.

Please
or

thecapitalsunited · 11/02/2020 19:24

I went to Norway in 2016 on a cruise and the prices were the same throughout the trip. My parents went last year and they didn’t mention that - in fact we both agreed it was cheaper to get back on the ship if you wanted to have a drink. I’m going again in May and am expecting the standard pricing for that cruise line.

Please
or

Funf · 11/02/2020 20:09

Prices the same where ever.
Norway is fab but expensive so eat on the ship and get drunk when you come home. Some lines allow one bottle per cabin, we just bubble wrap a bottle for each suit case and buy soft drinks to add our own booze to

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?