Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Aeolian Islands

7 replies

pigglypug · 02/02/2020 12:49

Hello

Me and DP are thinking of planning a holiday to the Aeolian Islands. Does anyone have any tips on where to stay, what to eat and do, and general travel advice?

It'll just be the two of us, no DC. We love eating good food and exploring.

Thanks!

OP posts:
Please
or

pigglypug · 03/02/2020 10:40

Anyone? Smile

OP posts:
Please
or

countdowntonap · 04/02/2020 06:33

I haven’t been, but always find the TripAdvisor forums very useful when planning a trip www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g658627-i12296-Aeolian_Islands_Islands_of_Sicily_Sicily.html

Please
or

pigglypug · 05/02/2020 16:17

Thanks, I've had a look at a few of those. We've been to Ischia before which we loved, and I'm a bit worried I won't like the Aeolian islands as much... so any tips/thoughts welcome!

OP posts:
Please
or

Snuffkindle · 09/02/2020 15:42

I haven't been but I have given it a lot of thought! I think Panarea looks beautiful and I would like to stay there I think but I would love to visit all the others as well. If you are on Instagram there is a lovely Australian lady called Gigglesandtonic who has bought a property in Flicudi. There are a lot of gorgeous Aeolian photos on her feed. It looks heavenly

Please
or

zafferana · 10/02/2020 19:26

I've been twice and remember them as heaven, but it was in the late 1990s so I doubt anything I have to say will be that relevant! I've stayed on Stromboli (twice), Lipari, Vulcano and Filicudi. They were all lovely in different ways. I'd go back tomorrow in a heartbeat.

Please
or

pigglypug · 10/02/2020 21:00

Thanks, this is encouraging! @Snuffkindle I had a look at that Instagram and agree, it looks amazing. Now to decide which island...

OP posts:
Please
or

AdriannaP · 16/02/2020 14:00

They are all completely different- Panarea is beautiful but the “posh” one and a lot more expensive than the others. Ali and filicudi are the most remote ones and least amount of restaurants. Personally I would go to Lipari and so trips to the others - don’t miss Stromboli. Salina is also nice.
Also fly to Palermo and stay for a couple of days. A beautiful city!
Food is amazing everywhere especially the icecream.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?