Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Cost of flights

5 replies

littlemissrose · 02/02/2020 07:51

Hello, has anyone else noticed that the cost of flights to European Summer sun destinations seems far higher this year? We usually fly Ryanair from Edinburgh to Palma in July and for 4 of us it normally costs around £600 return. Pricing it up this year and it's over £1000! Which is making it very unlikely that we'll go. Just wondering what the reason for this could be...any ideas?

OP posts:
Please
or

catlady3 · 02/02/2020 07:52

Possibly exchange rate movements plus year on year inflation?

Please
or

crosspelican · 02/02/2020 07:54

We book the same set of flights for Easter & Summer every September and I THOUGHT this was happening, but when I added it all up, it’s only going up by about 3% a year.

Please
or

littlemissrose · 02/02/2020 14:38

Yes inflation but that is some increase in 12 months! I'm wondering if airlines like Ryanair have put up their prices as they know that past Thomas Cook customers will be looking for flights/holidays

OP posts:
Please
or

magentastardust · 02/02/2020 16:29

I think so just been looking myself and last two years we have managed to get flights for five of us for around £700/£800 this year we are looking at around £1100...however this is what we were previously..the last two years seemed particularly cheap.

Please
or

jakeyboy1 · 03/02/2020 13:07

Maybe because people are nervous of Flybe so everyone else has gone up?!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?