Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Anyone booked through skyscanner?

14 replies

housinghelp101 · 30/01/2020 17:08

I just booked flights through skyscanner for the first time and I'm now worried it's a scam. Flights are KLM and when I try to book the same flights through their website they are three times the price. I can't check in until 24 hours before the flight so don't have seats either. Just really worried that I'll go to check in and find out that my ticket isn't legit. I know I'm probably over thinking this but would love some reassurance!

OP posts:
Please
or

BedraggledBlitz · 30/01/2020 17:09

Skyscanner has been around for years so I'd be very surprised if it was a scam

Please
or

Reginabambina · 30/01/2020 17:18

I do it all the time. Never had an issue.

Please
or

Bouledeneige · 30/01/2020 18:55

All the time - no problem. I flew last week on Iberia/BA flights bought via sky scanner.

Please
or

SJaneS48 · 30/01/2020 20:11

For years and never had a single problem!

Please
or

JulietTango · 30/01/2020 20:27

Yep we flew on ticket bought from Skyscanner back in 2016

Please
or

GreyGardens88 · 30/01/2020 20:30

Do you mean skyscanner or the travel agent that you booked it through? Skyscanner don't sell flights it's just a price comparison website

Please
or

GreyGardens88 · 30/01/2020 20:32

I use skyscanner to check times and who flies where, but always book directly with the airline, never with an agent

Please
or

Sausagewrole · 30/01/2020 20:34

I check airlines and times with sky scanner, then book direct.

I once tried to book direct from the link on the skyscanners website and ended up going round in circles through lots of third party sites, so gave up and went direct.

The price was slightly higher, only £10 or so.

Please
or

housinghelp101 · 30/01/2020 20:56

Thanks fro the replies. Skyscanner put me through to another site, it might have been lastminute.com. I have a confirmation number etc, but what worried is when I checked the same flights on KLM they were much more expensive, so I suppose I'm worried that there's some sort of catch and I'll only find out in the airport.

OP posts:
Please
or

BarbaraofSeville · 30/01/2020 22:29

The flights on the klm website might be different T&Cs eg flexible instead of fixed flights?

Please
or

SJaneS48 · 31/01/2020 08:54

Skyscanner as previous is just a flight comparison site - airlines will give travel firms a number of discounted flights. I use Skyscanner a couple of times a year and have had flights through Lastminute.com. It really is all fine, get on with looking forward to your holiday!

Please
or

housinghelp101 · 31/01/2020 10:03

That's great to know, thank you all.

OP posts:
Please
or

fuzzyduck1 · 31/01/2020 20:49

I booked through sky scanner / last minute.com last week to Bangkok saved £100 per ticket was given booking ref for Qatar airline and have already been on and booked all the seats. No problem.

Please
or

lovelyupnorth · 01/02/2020 10:02

Different tour operators and travel companies have different deals

Used various ones via sky scanner.

You should be sent at some point a KLM booking reference though this might only be just before the flight as some tour operators block book seats and only advise the names 72 hours before or so.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?