Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Winter Sun - For One

5 replies

YesAnastasia · 27/01/2020 00:35

My husband has come to understand that I need time away/alone and SUN!

Where can I go? Cheap but not crappy. Short haul but hot. Looking at Feb, early March. Thank you

OP posts:
Please
or

BarbaraofSeville · 27/01/2020 10:43

I'm not sure you'll get short haul but hot in February/March. You might be lucky with the Canaries, but equally it could be not hot.

If you just want to laze around in the sun in an AI hotel, you could see what package deals are available somewhere like Cape Verde or Hurgarda?

Or risk the Canaries. I've always wanted to go here, you can book direct or through many package operators.

Or if you can wait until May time, you've a much better chance of proper hot in the Canaries or Costa del Sol.

Please
or

Newcornishmama · 27/01/2020 10:46

I have Gambia on the list for that time of year.

Please
or

drivingtofrance · 28/01/2020 12:21

I would choose the Canaries. Not always guaranteed hot, hot hot but certainly warm most days.

I'd feel much safer there alone than the destinations upthread.

Please
or

YesAnastasia · 28/01/2020 14:58

Thank you for your suggestions. I think I will wait. It's such an exciting opportunity that of I chance it and it isn't hot enough I'll be very disappointed.

I'll try for the Canaries or Malta in May. Many thanks x

OP posts:
Please
or

Funf · 30/01/2020 06:41

Just been to Cyprus for the weekend, it was UK Beer garden weather, locals all had coats on, no one sunbathing, I would have a good look at the historic weather to give you an idea

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?