Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Flying with a baby - BA or EasyJet?

3 replies

mynameiscalypso · 25/01/2020 09:40

I'm currently planning a holiday with my DPs to France. My DH will be staying at home so I'll be in sole charge of DS who will be 9 months at the time. We can either fly EasyJet or BA; does anyone have any advice as to which would be better? Cost is less of an issue (we'd probably buy DS his own seat on EasyJet or go Business on BA) but there are presumably other considerations eg hand luggage allowance? I have a mild preference for BA but I've never flown with a baby before so not sure if that's justified at all.

Thank you!

OP posts:
Please
or

Expressedways · 25/01/2020 19:11

If there’s not a significant price difference I would do 2 seats in business class with BA. Not so much for the inflight experience but the fast track bag drop and security are worth it as is first dibs on the overhead locker space. Also, in my experience they’re usually happy to remove the weird middle seat tray table and then your DS can have his own seat (will still need to be on your lap for take off and landing).

Please
or

mynameiscalypso · 25/01/2020 19:37

That's really useful, thanks. I did wonder about the tray bit in the middle on BA and that feels like an easy way to get some extra space.

OP posts:
Please
or

reluctantbrit · 25/01/2020 20:28

We used BA more then Easyjet when DD was little, more space and the larger luggage, esp. handluggage allowance made it cheaper compared to Easyjet.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?