Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Recommend me a hotel in Turkey please

10 replies

Teensruletheroost · 22/01/2020 16:39

We are looking for a fairly cheap 7-10 night holiday in Turkey for DH, DS (teen) and me in early July and having spent hours and hours looking could do with some help please!

Have previously stayed near Fethiye and in Marmaris. We found Marmaris a bit too English but the great appeal is that there are loads of decent AI hotels where you can walk to places. The hotel we stayed in in Fethiye was lovely but miles from anywhere.

So, our criteria are:

• Room with proper 3rd bed for DS (or 2 bed family room) DS is not far off 6ft so needs a proper bed, no sofa beds
  • Ideally somewhere you can walk out and get at least a few shops/restaurants
  • All Inclusive 5 star hotel ideally with some a la carte restaurants (would consider 4+ star)
  • ideally a shortish transfer from an airport less than an hour (flexible on this but would like as short as possible)
  • Near somewhere we could do the usual boat trips etc

We would like to leave as soon as possible after 1st July, so 2nd onwards. Budget is approx £3k including flights from a London airport (can be stretched if great hotel found or nearer the 10 day end)

Have been looking at Belek and some hotels meet a fair bit of the criteria but difficult to find anywhere not in the middle of nowhere. Which led us to considering Marmaris again which is cheap and convenient but very busy. Of course every hotel you look at wherever it is then has the odd awful tripadviser review which makes me question it all again, have had about ten 'maybe' hotels so far!

We do a big holiday every couple of years and this is our 'off' year so it the main purpose is to relax, do some activities (def boat trips, maybe scuba, quad biking etc) and chill with a beer in the evening.

Can anyone make any suggestions please? Thank you in advance!
OP posts:
Please
or

Ricekrispie22 · 22/01/2020 17:28

Club Marvy, Izmir

Please
or

Teensruletheroost · 22/01/2020 19:44

Thanks Ricekrispie22 will look it up Smile

OP posts:
Please
or

ruby2020 · 22/01/2020 19:53

"Vera club tmt" hotel in Bodrum was lovely - although it was 10 years ago that I went so no idea if it's in operation! I'd love to go back some day.

Please
or

DollyDaydreamss · 22/01/2020 19:57

Royal Wings in Antalya. So good we went back again! 5 star, excellent food and all inclusive, lovely winding swimming pool through the resort, a small fun fair, a small splash park with slides. Quiet.

Please
or

Teensruletheroost · 22/01/2020 21:53

Royal Wings looks brilliant! Have sent it to DH and DS and as long as they like it I hope to book ASAP!

Thank you so much for the recommendation!

OP posts:
Please
or

DollyDaydreamss · 23/01/2020 00:09

You won't be disappointed. Any questions just fire away.

There's honestly nothing to dislike.

Please
or

DollyDaydreamss · 23/01/2020 00:12

Oh and they have great food shacks by the pool and two bars. An ice cream shack , pizza shack , pastries shack , fruit shack , slush puppies and Doritos on tap

I liked all that 😬

Please
or

Teensruletheroost · 23/01/2020 08:18

It does sound great! Other DS(19) has now said he might want to come on holiday with us as well now, having previously declined several times, which would add £1,600 as we’d have to go later too. Means it would be out of budget 😬, in which case we’d end up in Marmaris instead. Sounds awful that we’d have to go somewhere not as nice if he comes but we had a fairly set amount for a holiday and squeezing another unexpected person in has an impact. Don’t want him to feel he can’t come though. A very tricky one.

Waiting for his final decision today, but if he’s not coming we’ll be there!!

OP posts:
Please
or

skippy67 · 25/01/2020 20:26

Royal wings is fantastic.

Please
or

Teensruletheroost · 28/01/2020 08:01

Royal wings is booked SmileSmileSmile

Thank you everyone for your input.

OP posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?