Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

April holiday destination

5 replies

lovedogsandcake · 15/01/2020 22:05

Hi all,

We had a difficult year last year and wanted to go on a 10 day luxury break during the Easter holidays for me, DH & DS11. Budget of £5-6k, looking for a largely beach holiday with a few cultural or nature day trips available. Ideally spa, gym & water sports/activities for DS.

I was considering Krabi, Thailand but am concerned it's shoulder season weather wise and we need guaranteed good weather.

Any alternative destination or resort suggestions gratefully received thanks.

OP posts:
Please
or

Myimaginarycathasfleas · 16/01/2020 14:04

Apart from the culture/nature, Dubai? (Disclaimer, never been further than the airport myself!)

Please
or

PETRONELLAS · 16/01/2020 14:56

Mexico? I’ve not been but previously researched that time of year etc.

Please
or

MyideaMy1dea529 · 16/01/2020 15:29

I've been to Thailand a few times, no rain

Even if it does rain, it's hot rain in a hot country !

I much prefer Thailand to Mexico

Find out the dates of the Thailand Songram new year festival (Easter time) it's an amazing festival !

Please
or

BubblesBuddy · 16/01/2020 20:31

You should be able to get to a pleasant Caribbean Island for that in April. What about coastal Florida? Thailand will get some rain but check out weather variations. Vietnam might be worth a look too but these flight times to Asia are longer.

There might be options in Kenya or Goa to look at too. 8 hours flight time to Kenya makes that attractive.

Please
or

lovedogsandcake · 17/01/2020 10:52

Thanks, these are all very good suggestions which I shall look into.

OP posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?