Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Brazil

4 replies

Applejack87 · 12/01/2020 10:59

Hi , has anytime been to Brazil in July ? We’re thinking of a couple of weeks with a teen , would you recommend it ?

OP posts:
Please
or

bringbananas · 12/01/2020 13:18

I have. twice. Which part are you thinking of?

Please
or

KoalasandRabbit · 12/01/2020 14:57

Been to Rio and Paraty about 10 years ago pre kids in March.

Paraty was lovely - rainforest though didn't see animals, cobbled streets, horse and carriage and fisherman's boats you could go round on. Rio was scenic but lots of crime / sleaze - we could hear people being shot, prostitutes on beach and prostitutes being bought by businessmen at breakfast at hotel. Driver between Paraty and Rio kept closing his eyes. Interesting holiday but not a place would take my children to but it's a big country and if you take precautions and follow FCO travel advice can do safely and beautiful scenery.

Please
or

BubblesBuddy · 14/01/2020 13:54

We went with Audley Travel and you would get reputable local operatives. Pay a bit more for peace of mind. We went to Rio and stayed on Copacabana Beach. It’s huge! There was an underground station for getting out a bit. Ipanema is a good place to stay too. We had trips with tour guides as well. I never felt unsafe but I would say do not ever go to a favella or some districts. Keep aware of, and abide by, safety recommendations.

We also went to Salvador. Praia Do Forte, Iguazzu Falls, and Ouro Preto in Minas Gerais. We followed the Gold Road back to Rio. The churches in this area are stupendous! Amazing towns. You could also consider the Amazon.

Decent holiday companies will put an itinerary together for you and it’s wonderful - and safe!!! Do it.

Please
or

Lippy1234 · 23/01/2020 15:36

We went to Rio and then flew to Iguassa and stayed on the Argentine side with our young/mid teens. It was a great holiday, we even popped to Paraguay for a morning!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?