Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Hotel recommendations worldwide - Easter

8 replies

Zodlebud · 07/01/2020 15:42

Can anyone recommend any hotels pretty much anywhere in the world (so long as the weather is hot!!!!) for two weeks at Easter?

Travelling as a family of four - two children aged 10 and 7. Ideally a room or suite with separate beds for the children instead of being forced to share a sofa bed which seems to be commonplace.

Can be anywhere in the world and happy to stop off somewhere en route if needed (Miami, Singapore, Dubai????)

Needs to be child friendly but cannot be a mega resort with millions of people, a bun fight for sun loungers, or ridiculous booking systems for restaurants where you end up getting up at 4am to try and get away from the buffet restaurant (we love a buffet but not for every meal). I am also allergic to child entertainers who have to get dressed up as a fur covered “character”.

Kids club which is a bit more grown up for the 10 year old - hanging out with 4 year olds can get a bit weary. Ideally more activities and experiences (Four Seasons in Langkawi has exactly what we are after but don’t have the £30k needed to go there 😂😂😂).

Previously stayed at and enjoyed Heritage Awali, IKOS Olivia and Martinhal Sagres. We usually combine sight seeing with pool time but after a very stressful time with a building project on our home, we absolutely just need to flop. Kids need a pool where they can play without the child haters tutting and complaining to management and some sort of activities for when they get bored with us.

Totally open to any ideas people may have, particularly if you have stayed there yourself. We have a healthy budget but not ridiculous.

Thank you!!!!

OP posts:
Please
or

Bloomburger · 07/01/2020 15:49

Mauritius stopping in Dubai on way or straight to Dubai then hop over yo Anu Dhabi?

We liked Dani Beach Club too but not sure how hot it is at Easter.

Please
or

Bloomburger · 07/01/2020 15:52

Bleugh fat fingers Sani Beach Club. Maritim in Mauritius, thought was nicer than Heritage Awali and Rixos Saadiyat Island in AD.

Please
or

Zodlebud · 07/01/2020 17:15

Will look at the AD one thank you!!!! Sani not hot enough in April and we only went to Mauritius in 2018 so would prefer not to go back so soon.

OP posts:
Please
or

Mummyonline · 08/01/2020 08:19

Ayada in the Maldives was amazing. Our 12 and 14 DC biked all over the island and there was plenty for them to do. The food was out of this world. We flew via Dubai. Booked through Purely Maldives at a very reasonable price. Best holiday ever and do not think for one minute that Maldives is for honeymooners with nothing for children to do. It also had a fab house reef so we could go snorkelling whenever we fancied.

Please
or

Zodlebud · 08/01/2020 11:21

Thanks mummyonline! Exactly the sort of thing I had been looking for. My husband and I went to the Maldives pre children and were bored. Looks like things have come in a lot since then!!!

OP posts:
Please
or

Mummyonline · 08/01/2020 11:55

Zodlebud, we went for the Diamond Package which gave some free snorkelling trips, bikes and unlimited dining in all the restaurants and all drinks. We spent many an evening with the teppanyaki chef to ourselves at no extra cost. We went for a villa on the sea with our own pool but to keep costs down will go for beach villa with own pool (oh yes, we will go again!!). The main pool was glorious too and didn't have age restrictions like so many of the other resorts. We've been to Ikos a few times and love it but this is a different level for a similar price. Heaven on earth!

Please
or

BubblesBuddy · 08/01/2020 15:37

We took ours on a crewed yacht around the BVIs. Staying at Little Dix Bay is also wonderful or getting a villa on Virgin Gorda. Check everything is up and running after the hurricanes though. It is the ultimate flop!

We also went to Tanzania then. You might dodge rains but it’s a reasonable time price wise. My DDs love safaris. Try Brazil. Add in the Amazon. At least that’s not just another beach resort!

Please
or

Zodlebud · 08/01/2020 20:30

I love the idea of a sailing holiday but boats and I REALLY don’t get on.

Was also considering Costa Rica, Cambodia or Vietnam but don’t know anyone who has been with kids.

OP posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?