Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Where To Go?

8 replies

MrsDoylesTeaBags · 05/01/2020 09:48

Finally after many years I've managed to convince DH to get on a plane! Am so excited to now plan our holiday, but now I'm stuck for choice.

Looking for a short flight time, about 2 - 3 hours from Manchester / East Midlands, as he's a nervous flyer, so sticking to Europe, and hopefully not to long transfer time.

I'm happy with sun and relaxation but I know he would like to do a bit of sightseeing and maybe a boat trip too.

I've started looking but have now overwhelmed myself with choice! Any ideas or advise would be a great help.

TIA

OP posts:
Please
or

sleepismysuperpower1 · 05/01/2020 11:46

Barcelona has a beach and so much to see in terms of sights. its a 2hr 20 minute flight x

Please
or

MrsDoylesTeaBags · 05/01/2020 11:51

Bumping for a response.

So I think we've narrowed it down to Costa Brava. Anyone got any experience of that area? Can you recommend a good resort? It will just be the two of us so maybe an adults only if possible.

OP posts:
Please
or

EveryDayIsLikeMonday · 05/01/2020 11:54

Just in case you want another idea...Malaga is around 3 hours. Plenty to do and see there plus within easy reach of beach resorts.

Please
or

MrsDoylesTeaBags · 05/01/2020 12:16

Ooh thanks for getting back to me. Great ideas, I'll have a look.

OP posts:
Please
or

notjudgingjustasking · 05/01/2020 13:46

Sicily Taormina is lovely , nice town , ruins and mount Etna to visit.
We went to the Costa brava two years ago and stayed in a villa inBegur.
Such a wonderful place near the sea an visit Dalis house and museum, also Girona which is lovely , not sure about resorts though .

Please
or

Icequeen01 · 05/01/2020 14:50

We visited the Amalfi Coast last summer and absolutely loved it. Plenty to do and see but also enjoyed time relaxing by the hotel pool which overlooked Versuvius. I would like to go back this year as I loved it so much.

Please
or

milliefiori · 05/01/2020 14:56

I was going to suggest Venice Lido. Big beaches along the Lido di Jessolo with fabulous boat trips into Venice and the art& craft islands (glassblowing, lace making etc) if you want to do some sightseeing.

Please
or

Icequeen01 · 05/01/2020 15:03

Also meant to say we organised our own boat trips to Possitano, Ruffello and Capri and also went to Pompeii which was about 30 mins on the train. We stayed in Sorrento and can highly recommend The Minerva Hotel.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?