Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

any recommendations for gites in normandy

4 replies

helenmh · 03/09/2002 10:31

Can anyone recommend a gite in normandy. I am happy to have a go at booking direct if necessary with my limited night school french. Only essential is to be near the sea . Any recommendations on areas of normandy for a family holiday
thanks
helen

OP posts:
Please
or

Azzie · 03/09/2002 11:26

Helen, take a look at the VFB site (www.vfbholidays.co.uk). We've been very happy with the 3 gites we've rented through them. If you are able to go a bit out of season, you can sometimes get a larger house for the price of a smaller one (e.g. 4 bedrooms for the price of 2 - you only use the 2 bedrooms, but you get more living room etc space for the kids to run around in - great on wet days).

We stayed in Normandy at a place called Subligny near Avranches for a week the October before last, and had a great time. Good swimming pool for littlies at Avranches, a super zoo at Champrepos, nice beach at St Jean de Thomas, aquarium at Granville, plus we all (kids included - aged 1 & 3) enjoyed Mont St Michel (although we went on a wet day which reduced the number of other tourists somewhat ).

Please
or

aloha · 03/09/2002 11:47

www.frenchconnections.co.uk is an excellent site for booking from the owners over the net. We got a great holiday out of it.

Please
or

Tinker · 03/09/2002 11:52

I've just returned from a frenchconnections holiday. Rubbish weather but fab holiday. Definitely recommend

Please
or

helenmh · 03/09/2002 17:59

Thanks alot for all your great ideas
helen

OP posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?