Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Rochefort and Chatellion Plage area

3 replies

daffyducked · 26/12/2019 20:14

Has anyone been to this area. Would you recommend for families with children aged 7&9?

We have been to La Rochelle and Royan and this is in the middle.

Is it a naice area? 😬

OP posts:
Please
or

TheresWaldo · 27/12/2019 19:50

We had a gite inland from Chatelleion Plage a few years back. Nice fun fair in town in the summer and a few restaurants and bars. Good tree top adventure place not far from there which my dd loved. We did trips to Ile de Re, Ile d'Aix, La Rochelle and the Zoo at La Palmyre, so you might have covered that already. The beach was sandy, but a bit windy as I recall. I wouldn't rush back. Having done loads of France over the last 20 years, if you want beaches, I'd do Brittany, or if not the Dordogne is fab for that ages - dinosaurs, pre-history, canoeing etc.

Please
or

shellyandlayla · 28/12/2019 09:12

I've lived in Brittany for 15+ years and agree about the beaches TheresWaldo!

Please
or

daffyducked · 28/12/2019 09:48

Thank you. The last time we went to Brittany (Carnac) the weather wasn't great.

So we headed further South to Cognac and Royan. We really liked it. Thought the beaches were great.

We can't find suitable accommodation near Royan so have been looking further up towards La Rochelle.

OP posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?