Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

European Weekend Break - Fri PM flight returning Sun from London

4 replies

zeddybrek · 25/12/2019 21:46

Hello

Please help. I want to go on a short break with DC. We love v close to London City and can get to Heathrow easily too.

In an ideal world I would collect my son, go to the airport and arrive at some place late Friday night. We would explore all day Saturday and Sunday morning. Arriving back in London for Sunday, can be late as I'll just Uber straight home. DC travels well and sleeps anywhere so a minor inconvenience here or there for an overall fun trip would be amazing.

Because of school it can't be any other time. I really want to see if this is possible but finding flights is difficult.

Ideally we would go sometime in January.

Has anyone ever done this and can provide any particular flights they took. Any tips would be appreciated too.

Thank you.

OP posts:
Please
or

LeGrandBleu · 26/12/2019 08:20

How old is your DC? Some cities are great from very young age, such as Barcelona, others such as Berlin, more suited for older children.
Paris , Amsterdam, Venice, .. there are so many options. You need to be a little bit more specific.

For the best flight combination I use edreams.com then go on the airline website for better deals.

Please
or

zeddybrek · 26/12/2019 16:39

Thanks LeGrandBleu, I guess now I think of it , it is more the flight times I need help with. Trying to find flights leaving Fri late afternoon / evening and returning late on Sunday is harder than I thought. But Barcelona and Berlin sound exactly the kind of place I'd like to take DC who is nearly 6. Sounds young but he loves going to museums and galleries in London and loves travelling with me so the journey itself is part of the experience. It's like am adventure where we both get lots of quality time and we both love going away. Just trying to see if I can squeeze in a mini break in Europe during term time. Will try edreams as you suggest, thank you.

OP posts:
Please
or

muddledmidget · 26/12/2019 16:55

Heathrow have flights to Amsterdam at the right times in January, flying out at either 5pm or 8pm and departing at 5pm on the way home. Use skyscanner and filter using departure time

Please
or

zeddybrek · 26/12/2019 21:30

Filtering by times, found it, thank you!

Also Skyscanner has an option to fly anywhere with the preferred times.

OP posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?