Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Holiday recommendation for a 11/12 months old in January

2 replies

Firstimemam · 10/12/2019 07:16

Good morning, we wanted to go on a holiday in January - DS will be turning 1 & we've been on two holidays since. As all parents know, your holiday with a child is not the same as before.

Has anyone travelled long haul with a 1 year old? I wouldn't mind short haul but I don't think anything would be warm enough? How did you find a hotel with a nursery? Would you trust to put your baby into the hotel nursery? Have you got any hotel recommendations as such?

Sorry lots of questions but feel overwhelmed, it's supposed to be a surprise for DH for Xmas and his 30th birthday x

OP posts:
Please
or

DreamingofSunshine · 20/12/2019 15:28

If you want hot (25c plus in my book) you're going to need to go long haul.

Antigua has a couple of hotels with childcare and I'd look at sensatori as they have UK accredited nannies.

Please
or

Ricekrispie22 · 20/12/2019 16:30

We went to Morocco at the very end of March this year. It was just after the clocks went forward to BST so there wasn’t any time difference and we just kept LO on the same nap/sleep schedule. Temperature was low 20s so it was warm enough to take LO swimming without worrying about her getting too cold, but not too hot that we had to seek shade/air con in the middle of the day! We stayed at Club Med Agadir which has a crèche. Although we didn’t use the crèche, we did use the babysitting service a couple of times.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?