Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Where to stay in Barcelona with 10 and 13 year old boys

5 replies

chester18 · 07/12/2019 21:27

Going to Barcelona in April with DH and 2 boys. Want somewhere central but not sure what area to start looking in?

OP posts:
Please
or

chester18 · 10/12/2019 21:57

Thanks, that was roughly the area I was thinking of, looks really nice.

OP posts:
Please
or

rrg1 · 13/12/2019 09:49

Eixample is the 'best' central area, for easy access, but not on Las Ramblas

Please
or

Leflic · 16/12/2019 23:26

I’d not do Exiample. Way too much traffic and it’s on a grid so you end up stopping every two minutes to wait for four lanes of traffic to stop. It’s just big shops and roads. No fun for kids.

Go to the Gotic side of Ramblas as far down as you can. You’ll be able to walk around, get to the beach and it’s a bit more interesting with narrow lanes and squares.

Please
or

Verite1 · 29/12/2019 00:08

We stayed in Eixample. Much nicer than las ramblas area and v central. We stayed here

www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g187497-d4569039-Reviews-Olivia_Balmes_Hotel-Barcelona_Catalonia.html

Was gorgeous hotel, service was fantastic and they were so welcoming to my DS.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?