Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Can anyone recommend a travel pillow?

8 replies

FurrySlipperBoots · 06/12/2019 18:51

I'm thinking of getting one for my brother for Christmas. I've looked on Amazon but so many of the reviews are fake I don't trust it any more!

He's a pretty big guy, maybe 6'2''ish, and reasonably well built. He flies long haul so it needs to be comfortable and supportive for longer sleeps, not just naps. Any recommendations?

OP posts:
Please
or

InOtterNews · 11/12/2019 12:20

Would he want neck support or lumbar support?

Please
or

JinglingHellsBells · 11/12/2019 16:41

Wilko have some very cheap pillows if he just wants a normal light pillow.

Please
or

cheesewitheverything · 11/12/2019 17:49

The Guardian reviewed the Ostrich travel pillow a while ago - it looks a bit mad but is supposed to be good. Friends of mine really rate the J Pillow as well, which is a bit different but apparently works well.

Please
or

chipsandpeas · 11/12/2019 20:29

i have a J pillow, not tried it out on a flight yet but seems to be quite comfy and good on my neck

Please
or

ooogra · 13/12/2019 13:32

I recently purchased trtl travel pillow and used it on a 16.5hr non-stop flight, where I was sitting in Econ+. I adjusted it to sleep to the right. Slept a solid 7-8 hours with no sleep aid medication. Did not have a sore neck or back.

Please
or

CMOTDibbler · 13/12/2019 13:38

I'm a very frequent flyer and have had a zillion neck pillows. My current favourite is thr Bcozzy as it supports your chin, or you can stack it to lean against the window etc

Please
or

WiseUpJanetWeiss · 13/12/2019 13:47

Another vote for the Trtl. I’ve used it at the side and behind my head and it’s made such a difference. I can’t sleep soundly on a plane like the pp, but it’s so comfortable and my neck doesn’t hurt at all.

Please
or

HundredMilesAnHour · 20/12/2019 20:02

If it's an Economy flight, I like the Trtl. If it's Business etc, I take a small (baby-size) feather pillow (from Cologne & Cotton) with a silk pillowcase. Because I'm a primadonna. Grin It's lovely!!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?