Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Anyone used a plane pal or similar kids plane bed aid?

1 reply

WingingWonder · 02/11/2019 19:12

Have 2 long flights to oz coming up with 9 and 5yo and was looking at plane pals for them for our trip. We are flying with airlines who are fine with them, so that’s no bother, more justvwhether they’re worth the 130£ it will cost for 2? Thanks

OP posts:
Please
or

Wenchelda · 08/11/2019 12:02

Is that the inflatable footrest that fills the gap in front of the seat? I bought cheaper versions (£30ish for 2) when I went to Oz with my 9yo & 7yo in August. We actually didn't even end up using them. There was no space to inflate the footrests, never mind actually shove them into the space. And if we had managed it, there would've been no room for their backpacks (unless putting them in the over head locker).

My (small) 7yo was able to curl up on the chair and sleep fairly comfortably. My 9yo just dozed sitting up, the same as I had to do.

The amazon ones I bought actually cane with a 365 money back guarantee, which stated you could return them if you didn't use them, so I sent them back when we got home.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?