Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Tell me about Rhodes

6 replies

Namechange5101520 · 18/10/2019 09:11

First holiday abroad in 18 years and first one as an adult, children will be 10 and 13 in august next year when we go. Hotel is in Afandou, 10 minute walk to the beach with a bustop right outside. Partner isnt keen on hiring a car.
Whats good out there? Where is a must to visit, we love culture, beautiful sights etc.
Any tips on what to do and what not to do, how are the people?

Anything anyone could tell me would be great.
Thanks

OP posts:
Please
or

Namechange5101520 · 18/10/2019 19:45

Bumping

OP posts:
Please
or

iwannaseeyoudance · 19/10/2019 23:23

I don't know but we were just in Corfu and it was fabulous- hopefully someone will be along with good advice soon

Please
or

parrotfashionista · 25/10/2019 08:47

Rhodes town is a must - just wander around. There is a fab cafe called Koukos (I think) that's very traditional. Take a bus to Lindos - pretty white washed village. Try to avoid peak times as it's hot and busy. Lots of rooftop restaurants for a nice meal. Check out oasis beach - great bar in the rocks - lovely for a day out.

Please
or

bluebeck · 27/10/2019 10:39

Agree with PP - Rhodes Town is a medieval wonder. Cobbled streets and ancient buildings. I took DS when he was 15 and he loved it.

Avoid Faliraki.

Please
or

Witchofzog · 27/10/2019 18:28

Lindos has a beautiful beach with clear shallow water. Definitely try to get there if you can

Please
or

Africa2go · 28/10/2019 22:18

Went to Rhodes this year. Firstly its hot, really hot so go prepared and its really busy. Agree that Rhodes Town and Lindos are beautiful (we stayed in both), stunning to walk around Rhodes Town and the roof top restaurants in Lindos are fabulous wifh the backdrop of the Acropolis. However during the day, they're rammed so maybe go early and leave early.

My tip would be to have a couple of nights on Symi and do a boat trip to some of the secluded beaches.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?