Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

BA compensation

4 replies

legalseagull · 16/10/2019 07:18

A month ago my flight was cancelled whilst I was waiting to board it. The pilot was ill and they don't have back up pilots. I applied for compensation the same day and besides an acknowledgment email I've heard nothing. It's impossible to get through to them. Calling just gets an automated message and then the line cuts off. I've tried emailing.
Has anyone else made a claim? How long did it take?

OP posts:
Please
or

ColdToesHere · 16/10/2019 07:23

You don’t need to get through to them. Use resolver.co.uk (I’m not affiliated with them, just have used them in the past) and do it all online for free

Please
or

legalseagull · 16/10/2019 20:09

I've already made the claim directly with them. I thought outside companies charged a fee which seems ridiculous given they only do what I have

OP posts:
Please
or

which1 · 16/10/2019 20:11

Call the main number for general enquiries, then you speak to an operator and ask for the team who deal with compensation claims. Say you've already tried X number and it doesn't go through.

Please
or

BarbaraofSeville · 18/10/2019 11:52

Resolver is free (run by Moneysavingexpert) and the obvious choice if they aren't playing ball direct.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?