Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Holiday essentials.

7 replies

headlock · 09/10/2019 20:45

What are your clothing holiday essentials? (Other than bikini/swimsuit). I'm going abroad next week to get some sun! Temperature expected to be around 25 degrees.

OP posts:
Please
or

parrotfashionista · 09/10/2019 21:55

A big scarf - good for chilly evenings, cover from the sun, wrapping up to go in a church or similar, on the beach etc

Please
or

onemorecakeplease · 09/10/2019 22:03

Me too!

I'm taking books, bikinis, dresses and cardigans plus sandals

Like the idea of the big scarf I'll be stealing that one!

Please
or

SJane48S · 10/10/2019 11:15

Coffee - the free sachets are often horrible and I need a cup or two before contemplating getting dressed! Travel iron (depends on what country you are going to but Italy for example won’t provide you with one in the hotel as they’re deemed a fire hazard). Hairdryer - hotel ones are usually slow and crap, no good for frizz prone hair. Mosquito repellants and plug ins. After sun. Paracetamol and plasters. Wipes. Sellotape over the top of shampoo’s etc as sods law if you don’t, one will leak everywhere. Lots of pants, not just one pair a day! Tampons. Travel adaptors and device chargers. If we’re self catering, I take herbs. Snacks for plane & a good book. Spare change of clothes in cabin luggage for DC in case of vomiting/on plane juice spillages.

Please
or

SJane48S · 10/10/2019 12:12

Sorry - just seem you said clothing!

Please
or

PandaTurtle · 10/10/2019 12:21

If its beach / pool based can be useful to have a sarong and beach footwear. Useful to have trousers for evenings to stop insects if that's a risk. Also take a few cardis. Worth taking suntan lotion as for some reason it's often super-expensive abroad.

Please
or

headlock · 10/10/2019 14:27

@SJane48S you have saved me writing a list! 😁💐

OP posts:
Please
or

SJane48S · 10/10/2019 18:41

😂

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?