Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Legoland, Denmark

1 reply

janh · 27/08/2002 19:55

Haven't been to the London one, but have to say our day at the Denmark one, with 2 boys aged 9 and 14, was one of the best days out we've ever had. 9-yr-old smiled all day and kept saying what a great place, and 14-yr-old even said it was "better than Alton Towers" (though he hedged a bit later - the rides aren't as spectacular!)

I think KS1 and pre-school children wouldn't appreciate it in quite the same way - the fact that a model took 1.5 million bricks or whatever doesn't mean much to that age (or me, if I'm honest!) - but all the little ones we saw were still having a wonderful time.

Admittedly the weather was perfect, which always helps, but I didn't hear a child cry anywhere all day (6 hours) and both our boys just loved it. We had a wonderful meal at the "Pizza and Pasta" restaurant - best meal out I've had for a long time and mine was only £10 - and despite the fact that the boys preferred to go off on their own with an occasional rendezvous, we also enjoyed it enormously and never felt like saddo middle-aged people!

The 3rd week of August is off-season in Scandinavia, as schools have already gone back then; I can imagine it's a lot busier and perhaps a bit less pleasant in high season, but it really wasn't at all crowded on our visit. Cost 160DKK for an adult, 140DKK for a child, total 600DKK for a family of 4 (no family ticket reductions, possibly for PC reasons) or £50+. (Our 14-yr-old should have had an adult ticket, but then couldn't have gone on the driving school, which is for up to 13s, so we fibbed.)

Denmark itself is not particularly expensive, and fuel can even be cheaper than here. And we have just had 2 weeks altogether, in Sweden and Denmark, and had c. 80F every day and no rain till the last evening and then only a shower. Can't recommend it too highly. The people are lovely too!

OP posts:
Please
or

Bozza · 27/08/2002 22:18

Went to Legoland in Denmark when inter-railing and loved it (this was of course before the Windsor one opened).

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?