Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Gatwick lounge - No.1

6 replies

DontLettuceBrexitLettuceRomain · 05/10/2019 12:07

Anyone know how easy it is to get in without booking in advance? Just tried to and seems it needs to be done more than 24hours in advance (if only they advertised that!).

Am going with two friends who have automatic access, tomorrow morning and wondering how likely it is I'll get in? I know you can pay on the door, but trip advisor full of stories of being turned away...

OP posts:
Please
or

victopai · 05/10/2019 12:14

Most people with automatic access get turned away if not pre booked.

Please
or

Chickenwing · 05/10/2019 12:14

Buy it online now and itl be fine for use tomorrow.

Please
or

DontLettuceBrexitLettuceRomain · 05/10/2019 12:29

I tried chickenwing but it won't let me - you have to five an arrival time that's more than 24 hours in advance

OP posts:
Please
or

Orchidflower1 · 05/10/2019 12:32

It may mean that it’s full for the time you would like if it won’t let you book.
As a pp said automatic access means it’s free- doesn’t mean you’re guaranteed a space.

Please
or

OnGoldenPond · 15/11/2019 17:51

I have a DragonPass which gives access to lounges free but only if it is not full with prebooked paying customers. Priority Pass is similar. Is that what your friends have? If so they are unlikely to be able to get in themselves unless you go at a really quiet time. I have hardly ever managed to get in free there, usually end up in the Aspire Lounge which is never full.

However, DragonPass now has a facility to prebook lounges for a small fee (much less than the standard entry fee) and they also throw in premium security access, which itself usually costs the same as the prebooking fee. Your friends may also be able to book you in as a guest for a fee and you can then reimburse them. You can definitely take guests in for a small fee if turning up on spec, not sure about being able to prebook guests.

Please
or

OnGoldenPond · 15/11/2019 18:00

Just checked DragonPass app. Prebooking costs £5 for the member and £20 for guest. Has to be booked T least 72 hours in advance and you have to arrive within 15 minutes before and after your booked time or they may not let you in.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?