Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Damaged passport- advice needed please!

5 replies

DeathBySnuSnu · 19/09/2019 17:30

Booked a holiday in a few weeks, then noticed passport has couple of small grease spots on the information page. Phoned the passport office for advice and the lovely lady I spoke to said it sounded ok... she obviously couldn't definitely say over the phone but I could make an appointment to get a new one?!?

Is there any way I can definitely check? I live near to an airport- would it be worth going and asking someone there? I'll get a new one if I need to obviously, but I'd rather not lol- especially if it was fine to begin with.

Any advice appreciated, thank you!

OP posts:
Please
or

dementedpixie · 19/09/2019 17:49

Do you mean the pages with your photo/details? Do the marks obscure any important info?

Please
or

DeathBySnuSnu · 19/09/2019 17:59

Well that's the thing- one of the spots is on my photo and one is on my name, but it's still 100% readable. It's just a slightly darker colour.

OP posts:
Please
or

RitaTheBeater · 19/09/2019 18:08

I don’t think going to an airport will help as it will be the decision of the person who is looking at the passport. There won’t be a blanket ‘this is ok’ rule.

My dh once got in a huge amount of trouble in KL when he handed over his passport with a dollar in between the pages. He was accused of trying to bribe the person he gave the passport to and it was a huge deal. The airport police were called and we missed our flight. Perhaps another person would have just said ‘oh this was in your passport ‘.

Please
or

DeathBySnuSnu · 19/09/2019 18:26

Oh gosh that sucks about your flight. Sad Thanks for the advice.

Starting to think I might just risk it- I'll start practicing my pageant smile Grin

OP posts:
Please
or

Mustrryharder · 15/10/2019 19:20

I've read about this before, it's a new security feature. I can't give more details but look it up and it will confirm it

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?