Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Ibiza in October

14 replies

mrssunshinexxx · 18/09/2019 07:55

Anyone been in early October I've looked online said it should be around 24degree which is hot enough if It means a short flight
But will anything still be open ? I don't mean clubs but bars nice restaurants or will it be a ghost town ? X

OP posts:
Please
or

stealthbanana · 18/09/2019 07:56

Best time of the year to go imo

Please
or

mrssunshinexxx · 18/09/2019 08:26

Thanks for the reply @stealthbanana can you expand abit ? We will be staying in san Antonio bay x

OP posts:
Please
or

BentNeckLady · 18/09/2019 08:29

It entirely depends. I’ve been when it’s been glorious and I’ve been when it’s rained all week. You’ll definitely have some rain and storms at what time of year, it’s very unlikely to be wall to wall sunshine.

Please
or

slalomsuki · 18/09/2019 08:29

We went last year returning on the 29th October. It was warm during the day but a bit cooler in the evening. Most places were open and you had a choice of restaurants without the summer queue. The Sunday of the last weekend we were there was clearly the end of the season and some places were shut the next day but not all. Beaches weren't crowded and any tours you want to do were available.

Please
or

Russell19 · 18/09/2019 08:31

I thought the whole resort shut down in September.... maybe its October after the half term holiday.

Please
or

Windy1234 · 18/09/2019 08:34

We went early October for our honeymoon! It was lovely but the only thing I found was a lot of the markets had closed up for summer which we were a bit disappointed in, everything else was great.

Please
or

stealthbanana · 18/09/2019 08:35

I don’t know s antonio but in October most restaurants and shops are still open, sea is WARM and the crowds are gone which is blissful. The French and Germans seem to descend in mid October for their half term (and they don’t go west by and large) but other than that you’ve almost got the place to yourself

Please
or

mrssunshinexxx · 18/09/2019 08:49

Thanks everyone will be going early October just for 5 nights staying in a nice adults only hotel right on the sea front x

OP posts:
Please
or

BarbaraofSeville · 18/09/2019 09:55

We've been to Mallorca in early October before and was hot and sunny, although there was one short period of rain on one evening.

There's a fairly reliable period of stormy weather that goes through the Med usually in late September and then it generally settles down for a few weeks, so as it's stormy there now, you might be OK.

As for things being open, we holiday in Spain, Balerics or Malta in early October most years, and rarely see anything other than the odd bar/restaurant closed, never seen a 'ghost town' so it puzzles me why so many people ask this question.

I've heard that some of the Greek Islands effectively shut down after the main summer period, but that's because a lot of the staff are from Mainland Greece and go over for the main season only, but I don't think that applies to the Balerics or many other places really.

Please
or

BarbaraofSeville · 18/09/2019 09:56

YY to the sea being warm and as I've never been to a market on holiday, I wouldn't know if they are open or closed or even there at all.

Please
or

mrssunshinexxx · 18/09/2019 16:09

Thanks everyone

OP posts:
Please
or

YoungMummy94 · 18/09/2019 23:44

The bars and restaurants will open, many, if not all of the clubs will be closed, but you'll still have a great time!

Please
or

mrssunshinexxx · 19/09/2019 07:25

Thanks @YoungMummy94 I hope so! Smile

OP posts:
Please
or

lj10m75 · 02/10/2019 03:01

This reply has been deleted

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?