Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Visiting santa

1 reply

nikkim · 14/08/2004 22:59

My dp and I fancy taking my daughter on some kind of santa extrvaganza this year but the Lapland expereinces are just too much money. Does anyone have any ideas either getting to Lapland or something similar without booking an expensive package or alternative christmas experiences. dd is 3.

OP posts:
Please
or

Carameli · 15/08/2004 19:58

Hi, I used to live in Finland and went up to Lapland a few times. If you are interested contact me and I can give you a few tips on Finland. I used to live in Helsinki and you can get a train up to Rovaniemi where the big Santa village is etc etc.
Another idea is going via Sweden. I think one of the low cost airlines went to an airport outside Stockholm and then you might be able to get a train up to Lapland(but not sure about Sweden so you might need to look into that.)

I am away for a couple of weeks now but the Finnish train company is www.vr.fi( they have info in English as well) The trains are great there, you can get a cabin and go overnight.

hope this helps

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?