Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

buying baby food in the Algarve

4 replies

caroline55 · 16/07/2002 15:38

Does anyone know how easy it is to buy jars of baby food (preferably organic ones) in the Algarve? My baby is on a very restricted diet because of eczema and I don't know how easy it will be to give her finger food when eating out in Portugal so I would like to be able to buy jars when I get there and to be able to read the ingrediants list.

OP posts:
Please
or

mckenzie · 02/08/2002 19:50

When are you going to the Algarve Caroline55? I have a friend who goes there all the time and she has a baby so should be able to answer your question. Only trouble is, she's there at the moment and I dont have a tel number for her. Can it wait?

Please
or

carogee · 02/08/2002 20:01

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn

Please
or

caroline55 · 05/08/2002 14:44

Hi mckenzie
I'm not going until the end of August so any tips before then would be great.
Carogee - I did bf my baby for the first 4 months but she is now on a prescription formula which I will have to take with us - I assume it'll be ok making it up with boiled water as I have read on other threads that mums have used Evian when abroad.

OP posts:
Please
or

mckenzie · 14/08/2002 21:15

Hi Caroline55
my friend is back now and is happy to try and help. Do you just want to know if you'll be able to buy jars of organic baby food? Do you know exactly where you are staying?

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?