Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Winter Sun in the Canaries with creche facilities for an 18 month old

2 replies

LipstickMum · 01/08/2004 22:25

I have done a reasonably thorough search in the travel topic, and found lots of advice on decent hotels and resorts in the Canaries.
However, I am struggling to find a place which has a creche facility for under 2's, my dd will be 18 months when we go.
Our main criteria are,

1. Creche for 18 month old.
  2. Hotel/apartments with catering/room service.
  3. Walking distance to a beach and local town so we don't have to hire a car, use public transport, we want to be as chilled as possible!
    Can anyone help???? We are planning on going in November/ December this year, for some winter sun
    Thanks!
OP posts:
Please
or

spendygirl77 · 08/09/2004 17:36

Hello Lipstick Mum,

I can recommend a fantastic complex in Caleta De Fuste, Fuerteventura called the Broncemar Beach apartments. We stayed there exactly two years ago when it had not long opened. It is not too far from the airport so no long transfer time. It is in the middle of the town with a nice crescent shaped beach and lots of restaurants and shops(and a chemist with nappies and baby milk). Most importantly for you, there is a fantastic creche located right near to the lovely large swimming pools. It is quite small but very clean with lovely staff. It was run by JMC when we were there but was shortly taken over by Thomas Cook who own JMC.It seems that Thomas Cook does this with the better hotels/apartments so they can charge more! Anyway, it only cost a few pounds for a couple of hours if I remember rightly and the staff were so helpful. My son was about 12 months at the time of our holiday and used the creche about 5 or 6 times over our two week holiday for two hours at a time. He has was happy and content after his visits. We got a really good deal at the time with TV Travel shop because it was just starting out, but the prices really seem to have gone up but I shouldn't imagine it would be too expensive at the time of year you are planning to go. Fuerteventura is a very beautiful island and the weather tends to be lovely all year round. There are deserted sand dune beaches all round the island if you did hire a car and generally it is a lovely laid back place to be. Hope this helps. Happy Holidays:)

Please
or

Tartegnin · 08/09/2004 20:19

LipstickMum, we're going to Tenerife to the Bahia del Duque in October. Our DD is older than yours (she's just turned five), but we could take a look at the creche when we take her to the children's club, if you'd like. Maybe too late for you to book then, though. In any event, on paper, this place looks like it has everything you're looking for. Pricey, though!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?