Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Things to do in and around Lewes.. please!

3 replies

winniewoo · 24/07/2004 20:13

Going south for a few days and staying in Lewes on mass with family and lots of children all 6 and under! Any info on family friendly places to visit..dine out etc..beaches would be helpful!

OP posts:
Please
or

Cam · 25/07/2004 17:26

Drusillas (at Alfriston) must be a "must" in your schedule and Middle Farm (nr. Wilmington), both on A27, the first is not cheap but worth the money; the second is v. cheap and fantastic value. Brighton pier, sealife aquarium (opposite pier) and beach.

Please
or

yamamoto · 26/07/2004 20:09

In another life I used to ride out along the old racecourse at Lewes, always moved by the beauty of the victorian grandstand and its setting, dont know if its still there but worth a look if it is.
There was a thread a few weeks ago about things to do with children in Brighton.
Kite flying at Devils dyke, the electric railway from the palace pier to the marina stopping halfway at a playground, throwing stones on the beach were the conclusions as I remember..If you go to Brighton from Lewes get the train, parking is a nightmare!

Please
or

noddy5 · 26/07/2004 20:27

Bills deli and cafe in the town is fantastic for really good inexpensive food.Brighton is good for a bit of everything.Knockhatch park is also good I think they have a website but I can't do links sorry!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?