Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

I need help with baby carseat hire in Portugal

2 replies

Caron · 20/07/2004 15:46

I will be travelling to Portugal in December 2004 for 6 weeks and need to find a way of hiring a carseat without hiring a car. Does anyone have suggestions, know of companies or any idea of cost involved. Also previous experience with travelling on public transport with 15 month old baby in Portugal will be welcome.

OP posts:
Please
or

Chandra · 20/07/2004 15:51

I don't think a taxi will request a car seat in Portugal but if you want to play on the safe side,is it possible to get a very cheap one here that you can leave behind?.

We tried to get one rented in Spain (were not renting a car) and at the end some friend of a friend of another friend lent us one. In all the process of getting it we got the label of excessively aprehensive parents...

Please
or

Jaybee · 20/07/2004 16:17

If you know you will need one whilst there take one with you - check it in as luggage on the plane. In car safety does not seem to be a high priority over there, coaches do not always have seat belts and they only ask the front seat passengers to belt up.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?