Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Madeira - anyone been there with young children?

2 replies

sleepseeker · 18/07/2004 20:18

My mother-in-law has invited myself, dh and 1 year old dd (she'll be 18 months at time of travel) to go to Madeira for christmas this year. i'm attracted by the idea of going abroad with other family members who'll help out with childcare, but not sure whether this is a good destination for our first time abroad with dd. any comments gratefullly received . . . .

OP posts:
Please
or

littletree · 12/08/2004 09:16

Hello

I am in the process of booking a holiday to Madeira with DH's Aunt and Mother, DH and our DS who will then be 16 months old. From everyone I have talked to and everything I have read it is a great destination for all ages- plenty of gardens for the grannies and loads of activities for little ones. Check with the hotels as well as many of them offer babysitting services. I can't wait!

Please
or

Trifle · 12/08/2004 10:17

Just need to bear in mind that Madeira is a rocky island with no beaches so make sure you get accommodation with a pool. It is also particularly hilly and driving can be a little hair-raising.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?