Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

beach holiday for kids ?

7 replies

jinna · 16/07/2004 14:06

we are hopeing to go away in the next couple of weeks - i have 2 boys 6 and 2 - we are looking for somewhere hot with nice sandy beaches - in Europe somewhere- any suggestions?

OP posts:
Please
or

3mum · 16/07/2004 14:25

We go to Sardinia every year. Flights from Stansted to Alghero via Ryanair(don't know if Stansted suits you). Lovely old town with great child friendly restaurants and superb 10 miles of white sandy beach.

Have also had some good hols in Corsica and Skiathos

Please
or

CookieMonster · 16/07/2004 14:36

I can highly recommend Menorca ... very family-orientated, nice beaches, short flight. We're going back in September with dd (3)

Please
or

janinlondon · 16/07/2004 14:54

Stoupa in the Peloponnese. Shortish flight direct to Kalamata. One hour transfer to Stoupa. Two lovely beaches, both safe, very gently shelving so they can stand up quite a long way out. Ice cream parlour and child friendly tavernas lining the front, but very little else. Pretty much unspoilt, and great for kids. Greek Options or Direct Greece both do properties.

Please
or

jinna · 19/07/2004 13:43

thanks guys - waiting to hear from husband if can have the next week off - then i can go ahead and book - fingers crossed

OP posts:
Please
or

jinna · 19/07/2004 13:50

3mum - i just looked up about alghero - flights seem reasonable - can you recommend any hotels

OP posts:
Please
or

jinna · 19/07/2004 17:27

3mum are you there

OP posts:
Please
or

Joanne69 · 20/07/2004 20:25

Just wanted to confirm what 3mum said, Sardinia is lovely if you are looking for lots of quiet unspoilt beaches. Eating out is a little expensive but food is lovely and they love kids. Cant recommend hotels as we went self catering. Just came back from Malta and wouldnt recommend Malta at all for young families.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?