Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Prague

19 replies

lou33 · 18/07/2004 17:48

I am going away with 2 girlfriends to Prague at the end of October for 5 days. Has anyone got any recommendations for where to stay? Preferably an apartment rather than a hotel. The place I found and emailed hasn't bothered to reply. Not too expensive please. Tia.

OP posts:
Please
or

bunjies · 15/07/2004 11:47

We're going to Prague for 3 nights at the end of August and we booked an apartment through an accommodaton agency recommended to me by a colleague at work. It's called the M. Long Agency and its run by Maria Long. They have a website address of www.mlongagency.com

The apartment is in the old town and is costing us £50/night. For an additional amount (I think it was about £15 each they are picking us up from the airport and taking us back as well).

Obviously don't know what it's going to be like yet but my colleague said they were very good.

Hope this helps.

Please
or

spacemonkey · 15/07/2004 11:50

that looks good bunjies we will enquire

the skeleton church is in Kutna Hora - looks fab (and very appropriate for halloween) pics here

Please
or

lou33 · 15/07/2004 12:22

We found triple suite with kitchen for about that price too bunjies, they do taxis as well I think. Just waiting for our other partner in crime to see if she likes the look. Five days, flights and accommodation for £507! I will have a lookie at your site though.

OP posts:
Please
or

spacemonkey · 15/07/2004 12:31

I just can't get over how cheap that package is - we'll have to do this more often

Please
or

lou33 · 15/07/2004 12:41

Can't wait for stan to give her pov

I could book it on my cc, once you have found out about your hols.

OP posts:
Please
or

spacemonkey · 15/07/2004 12:49

stan just rang and says the 500 quid package sounds great!

i'll find out about my hols before the end of the day x

Please
or

lou33 · 15/07/2004 13:40

Quivers with excitement!!!!!!

OP posts:
Please
or

lou33 · 18/07/2004 17:39

Booked it all

Got it cheaper doing my own research and getting flights and hotels separately.

Prague at half term here we come!!!!!!!!

OP posts:
Please
or

Delgirl · 18/07/2004 17:43

lucky chaps. You'll have a great time. You just have to get through DH's hols before then Lou . Ooh, and summer hols too . Jealous, moi? Nooooooo.

Please
or

lou33 · 18/07/2004 17:45

Hehe

Thanks for reminding me!

Never mind, I also have Thailand for a month to look forward to!

OP posts:
Please
or

Delgirl · 18/07/2004 17:48

. When's that??? Are you taking children? Do you want another one?

Please
or

fairyfly · 18/07/2004 17:51

No reccomendations, but you will have a great time, i spent three months there and loved it. Glad you are getting a break too x

Please
or

DelGirl · 18/07/2004 17:53

Never been Lou so can't recommend anywhere but am sure you'll have a fabulous time. 5 days without children OMG! Watch out Prague

Please
or

lou33 · 18/07/2004 18:02

Grin
OP posts:
Please
or

lou33 · 18/07/2004 18:03

FF do you have any advice about what to do?

OP posts:
Please
or

fairyfly · 18/07/2004 18:09

I will have a think, i reccomend doing all the tourist things to be honest, sight seeing is fab. Charles bridge is a great place to go. Also try and get a taxi out of the area and go to some rural bars. It is so so cheap then as you probably know. I went to a church about 40 miles away, will try to think of the name, it was all made out of human skeletons. There is so much to do even when you step into the city, great galleries and a really fantastic clock tower. You also don't have to go to the bar, they just keep filling your drink up without asking as you are chatting away.

Please
or

lou33 · 18/07/2004 18:15

Sounds great . Could you email me with any ideas you come up with please?

Originally I was going to meet one friend in Penang for 5 days at the end of August, but we couldn't get a decent flight/hotel deal, so now 3 of us are off to Prague instead

OP posts:
Please
or

lou33 · 18/07/2004 18:32

December.

OP posts:
Please
or

lou33 · 18/07/2004 18:32

En famille this time

OP posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?