Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Subsidised PGL holidays for teens

1 reply

beinghelpful · 14/06/2004 15:07

Hi
Not a regular but just sharing some useful info. Anyone with children aged between 11 -17 in Norfolk, Suffolk, Cleveland, Durham or Tyne and Wear could be eligible for a week's PGL holiday for £100 or even less if you are recieving any income support or other means tested benefits. These are week long adventure holidays for kids (no parents !) It is part of Lottery Funded initiative to make these activities more widely available and is an early pilot scheme, hence only available in these areas. The usual price is £440 and dates are available throughout the summer holidays. If the scheme is deemed successful it may be rolled out to all secondary school age children in the future.

More details here

OP posts:
Please
or

sponge · 14/06/2004 15:13

My brother and I went on a couple of these when we were kids (a long time ago now I know) and they were brilliant. If you can get one for £100 I would say it's the bargain of the century.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?