Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

HOLIDAY COTTAGES -

15 replies

fairydust · 11/06/2004 12:56

were looking for a holiday cottage on the coast unsure were yet can anyone recoment and companys at all???

OP posts:
Please
or

Fio2 · 11/06/2004 12:58

we have been with Blakes Holidays (which is part of the hoseasons group I think!) they were good

and fairhaven holidays and they were good too

I will go and find the links to them!

Please
or

poppyseed · 11/06/2004 12:59

Welcome holidays are good and their website is linked with easy cottages. We've been with them to France and the UK for the last 5/6 years as they are accurate, well kitted out and cheaper than the rest!!

Please
or

Fio2 · 11/06/2004 13:01

Blakes Holiday Cottages

Fairhaven Cottages

HERE!!!!

Please
or

poppyseed · 11/06/2004 13:03

Can't do links (how do you do the curly bracket business!?) but the website address is www.welcomecottages.com !!

Please
or

Bunglie · 11/06/2004 13:08

Dorset

Please
or

Galaxy · 11/06/2004 13:09

message withdrawn

Please
or

Fio2 · 11/06/2004 13:09

for poppyseed

welcome cottages recommended by poppyseed!

Please
or

poppyseed · 11/06/2004 13:13

Fio2 - you're so sweet! Thanks!! I have just found the curly thingy and look forward to using it!!!

Please
or

tweenie · 11/06/2004 13:39

Had to contribute as my DH and I are seasoned cottage holiday users. Not sure what area you're looking for but i've got two recommendations for the Devon, Cornwall, Dorset or Somerset area.

We've recently used Farm and Cottage holidays - www.farmcott.co.uk. We went with our DS (6mths)and had no complaints at all. Many of the properties seemed child friendly (cots and high chair provided etc.)and lots were on or near farms, so plenty of animals to amuse children.

We've also used West Country cottages - www.westcountrycottages.co.uk. Also no complaints, although no experience of using them with our DS.

I usually lurk and this is my first message on Mumsnet, so excuse any mistakes! I couldn't get my web site links to work so posted the full url instead. I'll hopefully get the hang of it soon...

Please
or

poppyseed · 11/06/2004 13:50

Thank goodnes it's not just me !!!

Please
or

shopaholic · 11/06/2004 13:54

Rural Retreats is fab. company. cottages not the cheapest but have been using them for 8 years and always perfect! The snag is that they do get booked up early so prob not much left for summer but worth remembering for next year (book no later than xmas)!

Please
or

Bunglie · 11/06/2004 13:55

My neighbour rents out her cottage, next door to me for the summer. Just imagine living next to me![grin}

Please
or

Kittypickle · 11/06/2004 14:02

We've found www.helpfulholidays.co.uk good, found the cottage was exactly as described. They do mostly cottages in Devon & Cornwall

Please
or

fairydust · 11/06/2004 17:09

tweenie welcome to mumsnet......

thank you have just sent off for the blakes brochure and and i'm going to make my way through the rest.

OP posts:
Please
or

ks · 11/06/2004 17:45

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?