Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Home-Swop - Has anybody used this service?

3 replies

ColchesterMum · 10/05/2004 10:24

I had found a company on the net advertising the services of other home swoppers throughout the world.

Once you have paid their fee the database is opened and you look for a simular home anywhere in the world! The other family come and stay in your home on the dates that are appropriate for you both. Therefore in theory all you pay for is spending money and fares.

Has any other family had this experience I should love to hear about it.

OP posts:
Please
or

spacemonkey · 10/05/2004 10:30

i haven't done it myself, but would like to and would also be interested in hearing any home swap experiences

the site i've looked at is digsville

Please
or

SofiaAmes · 10/05/2004 22:35

I did a swap with this company and it went really well. We stayed in their house in la while they stayed in our house in london. On that particular website the people who list their house pay a small fee, while those browsing don't pay anything to use the service. It's a great experience. I also just rent out the house while we're gone sometimes. I find tenants through this website. They also have some swappers too.

Please
or

CountessDracula · 10/05/2004 23:06

I've done it with www.homeexchange.com and it was great - no time now but will try and remember to post about it tomorrow

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?