Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Caravan/holiday park near Brighton?

3 replies

jasper · 24/04/2002 13:54

Anyone know of one?
My sister lives in Scaynes Hill ( next to Haywards Heath)
I would like to visit her in the summer but not impose for too long and perhaps spend a few days at a caravan park near a beach not too far from where she lives.
We have three kids - 3, 17m, and 7 weeks
Suggestions appreciated.

OP posts:
Please
or

Twink · 24/04/2002 14:40

Are you looking to hire a static caravan or taking your own ?
There's a site next to Seaford beach but it's a pebble one. There's also likely to be one at Newhaven as it's a ferry port - and has an enclosed sandy beach which is ideal for little ones. I'll check with my mum and get back to you.
I do remember when my parents were house hunting down there that we camped on Plumpton racecourse for a while, which would be very close to your sister.

Please
or

Purp · 24/04/2002 21:09

Hi Jasper, my parents in law are going to stay at a caravan park soon in Brighton and have been to check it out and say it seems lovely. It is called Sheepcote Valley I think and the phone number is 01273 626546. It is just north of the marina in a bowl of green. Sounds charming doesn't it, not bad considering it is very near central Brighton. Happy hols.

Please
or

jasper · 25/04/2002 03:15

Twink, looking to hire

OP posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?