Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

gatwick car parking please

7 replies

triplets · 04/05/2004 22:28

Hi,
We were going to be given a lift to Gatwick in Oct but now will have to take our car and leave it for three weeks. Anyone know of reliable parking that is not going to cost the earth. Thought about a good hotel deal where we get so many nights free parking, does anyone know of good family rooms, 2 adults and my three 6yr olds?

OP posts:
Please
or

tatcity · 04/05/2004 22:32

I can't remember what the place was called but I booked my Dad in somewhere last year and he said it was excellent. You can park the car there and they take you to the airport. I found it on a general "hotels with parking at gatwick" search where a big list of hotels came up. Some of them are quite reasonable. If I remember the name, I'll let you know.

Please
or

LIZS · 05/05/2004 09:57

There are loads of them but don't know if you'd all fit in one room. There are a number of guesthouses in Horley nearby - have a look here or there are the larger hotels - Travellodge, Ramada, etc

Please
or

SoupDragon · 05/05/2004 10:06

We use PAS who have a meet and greet service. You drive to the departure drop off point, call them when you're 20 mins away and they meet you there and take your car away. You then phone them from baggage reclaim on your return, go back to the departure drop off point and they meet you with your car. Excellent when travelling with children but it's not the cheapest option.

Please
or

LIZS · 05/05/2004 10:18

Try Courtlands here is quite convenient but would work out quite pricey over 3 weeks. If you have early/late flights you'd be better staying somewhere with free parking.

Please
or

GillW · 05/05/2004 11:25

The Ramada Jarvis has rooms for 5. Try FHR for booking

Please
or

SofiaAmes · 05/05/2004 23:43

I use a car company now that has quite reasonable rates to the airport and can supply cars big enough to fit large families. They are called Just Airports. Their number is 08000968096. I've found them to be very reliable and it's really much easier than having to haul kids and luggage from car park to carpark bus to airport.

Please
or

triplets · 06/05/2004 22:41

Hi,
Ok, I have found something really good. Its called Collendean Barn, a room for 5, plus breakfast in your room, parking for 3 weeks and transfer to the airport, £112, I think thats very good. There is also an area downstairs with a kettle, toaster, microwave etc, very handy for us Mums. Another place I could have had is called Lowfield Farm, similar at £117. Just parking for 3 weeks the best I found was Tudor Rose Parking at £80 they drive you to the airport in your car, take it, then when you arrive back they drive over to meet you, very good also. Thought I would let all you other Mums know for when you too go off for a well earned holiday!

OP posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?