Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Holiday Parks in West Country

1 reply

chiswickmum · 02/05/2004 21:14

We are looking for a holiday in the West Country for August. I was looking at the holiday parks in the Hoseasons brochure, but am not sure whether even the quieter parks would be for me. I have a fear that they may be like Butlins - Has anyone ever been to one?

OP posts:
Please
or

sandyballs · 04/05/2004 12:06

I've just come back from a weekend at Devon Cliffs Holiday park in Exmouth - I think it was a Haven park.

The kids absolutely loved it - but me and DH found it very very busy and noisy. This would presumably be even worse in August! It is very like Butlins and not everyone's cup of tea.

A place I prefer is Sandyballs (hence the name!) which is in the New Forest in Hampshire. It is a holiday park but not as big and impersonal and the caravans/lodges aren't all crammed together like other places. I think the Haven/Hoseasons type of place are getting a bit greedy and trying to cram far too many people onto sites that just can't handle it.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?