Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Beach playground in Malden/Maldon, heard of it?

9 replies

Rhiannon · 13/04/2002 14:28

Anyone know what I'm talking about and if so what is it exactly, thanks. R

OP posts:
Please
or

Rhiannon · 20/04/2002 13:46

It's been a week now, surely someone must know something? R

OP posts:
Please
or

Paula1 · 20/04/2002 15:07

Sorry, Rhiannon, didn't see your first post, I know of a beach playground thing in Maldon Essex. It has been around for about 30 years at least. It is just a big man made paddling/swimming pool thing that has a mud/sand bottom, around the edge there is sand. Not much else other than that though, just average kids playground toys in a park. Were you thinking of travelling far to go to it? (if so, I wouldn't bother). I live about 10 miles from there and wouldn't go!!! There is a really cool one in Brighton though (I think it is actually in Hove), it is about a year old and was built really nicely with a huge paddling pool thing, and showers and toilets, and lots of kids playground toys.

Please
or

jasper · 21/04/2002 04:28

Paula or anyone else, know any more details of this place in Hove?

Please
or

jasper · 21/04/2002 04:53

Paula or anyone else, know any more details of this place in Hove?

Please
or

CAM · 21/04/2002 14:56

Paula1 are you sure it was only built a year ago? I used to live in Brighton and remember a pool like you describe on the Hove seafront - I left Brighton in 1995.

Please
or

Paula1 · 21/04/2002 20:23

Cam, not totally sure no, but it all looked very new and shiny, and the toilets weren't quite finished, and our friends who live in the area indicated it was newish, I think they said it had just been finished. Jasper, If you stand with your back to Brighton Pier and walk along the seafront about a mile to the left it was right there on the seafront, really easy to find, free to get in and really nice.

Please
or

CAM · 22/04/2002 09:45

Maybe they've refurbished it - I've asked dh and he remembers it from some time back(we met in Brighton!but not at the paddling pool!)

Please
or

Batters · 22/04/2002 10:56

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Please
or

Rhiannon · 22/04/2002 17:03

Jasper, thanks for that, would need a one hour drive to get there, so perhaps I won't bother. R

OP posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?